A stove fire causes minimal damage to an Ashlawn Drive home late Tuesday afternoon.
Damage was limited to smoke at an Ashlawn Drive house after firefighters were called late Tuesday afternoon. Upper St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department trucks and police cruisers arrived at the scene, causing the street to be shut down for about an hour. The fire was caused by plastic items near a stove, from which smoke emanated. The fire department placed fans inside the house to clear the smoke before departing the scene before 7 p.m.