The following restructuring of the Upper St. Clair School District administrative team represents approximately $100,000 in salary savings for 2012-13, according to information provided by Dr. Patrick O'Toole, superintendent:
- Dr. Sharon Suritsky was officially appointed as assistant superintendent after serving as acting assistant to the superintendent/supervisor of special education since 2009.
- Melissa Garvin started her assignment as the supervisor of special education in February. She came to USC from Wesley Spectrum Services, where she was director of academics and instruction.
- Patrick McClintock-Comeaux returned to USC as principal of Baker Elementary School, from Stephen C. Foster Elementary School in Mt. Lebanon. He was a teacher and curriculum leader at USC from 1995 to 2001.
- John Rozzo, who has served as assistant principal at Fort Couch Middle School since 2005, became the academic principal for both Boyce and Fort Couch middle schools.
- Lou Angelo, who was recently named the Pennsylvania Assistant Principal of the Year, was promoted to associate principal of Upper St. Clair High School. He had been the assistant principal at the high school since 2006. Christine Mussomeli was hired to replace him as assistant principal, effective Aug. 15.
- Amy Pfender was named assistant principal at Boyce and Fort Couch middle schools, effective March 1. In her role as special education curriculum leader, she has assisted principal Karen Brown at Boyce Middle School since 2009.
As part of the reorganization, two district office positions (director of human resources and director of operations, community relations and special projects) and one building-level position (director of high school guidance) have been eliminated.