Two cars were reported stolen from streets in Brookline and Beechview, one last week and another over the weekend.
The first was reported stolen from the 700 block of Shadycrest Road in Beechview, and was stolen between 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 19 and 6:30 a.m. on Nov. 20. The second was reportedly stolen between 4 and 6:30 a.m. on Nov. 25 from the 1100 block of Brookline Boulevard.
In both cases, the vehicles were stolen with the keys.
Also in the blotter:
- A man told police he was assaulted at his home in the 300 block of Ingomar Street in Beechview by one known and two unknown actors. After the assault, one actor stole a television from the home before fleeing. The incident occurred Nov. 22 at 7:30 a.m.
- Electronics were stolen from a home in the 1500 block of Beechview Avenue in Beechview on Nov. 22 between 1:30 and 9 a.m. The burglar entered the home by forcing open a side window.
- A bicycle was stolen from the porch of a home in the 1300 block of Methyl Street in Beechview on Nov. 21 between midnight and 5:30 p.m.
- A debit card was stolen from a home in the 2900 block of Sussex Street in Brookline on Nov. 21 between midnight and 3:30 p.m.
- An iPod was stolen from a home in the 3100 block of Banksville Road in Banksville on Nov. 20 between 9 a.m. and noon.
Theft from vehicle
- Electronics were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 900 block of Shadycrest Road in Beechview between 11:30 p.m. on Nov. 19 and 5:30 a.m. on Nov. 20.
- A laptop and Christmas gifts were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 1100 block of Shadycrest Road in Beechview on Nov. 20 between 4:30 and 10:45 p.m.
- Several cars were damaged with rocks in the 1700 block of West Liberty Avenue in Brookline between 4 p.m. on Nov. 21 and 9 a.m. on Nov. 23.
- Alejandro Flores-Martinez of Penn Hills was arrested for DUI in the 200 block of Crane Avenue in Beechview on Nov. 23.
- A man was arrested in the 1300 block of Rutherford Avenue in Beechview on Nov. 24 for domestic violence, resisting arrest and terroristic threats.
This information was supplied by Pittsburgh Police, and is a report for crimes and arrests in Zone 6. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A map of the Zone 6 area can be found here.