With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to the Trunk Show Boutique to find unique gifts for the special lady in your life. From jewelry to clothing to purses, gifts range $2 to $100.
- Go to The Flower Studio for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to The Pie Place and order a festive cake or their famous apple pie that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to the new Dick's Sporting Goods store and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Posh and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
- There's still time to ship A Basket of Pittsburgh, a business located in Upper St. Clair, to your out-of-town loved ones. Call 412-221-4406 with quesitons.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.