Invite a friend
Triple A(55+): Dorit Brauer
Come and join us for lunch and a program by Dorit Brauer. She teaches the art of spiritual journeying, and the power of the sacred labyrinth, guiding many to connect to the source of their inner strength. Brauer is a strong believer in the regular practice of meditation and guided imagery. Statistical evaluation of her classes at UPMC showed participants received significantly improved concentration and energy levels as well as decreased anxiety. But it can be even more basic than that: “Observe the small things that nourish your soul and practice more of that.” She recommends people take a period of time every day to reflect on those happy moments and “bring them to light.” “It is very simple really,” says Brauer. “Whatever you focus on is what you will get more of.”
Menu: Lasagna, Tossed Salad, Rolls, and Dessert. RSVP required.
|Where||Christ United Methodist Church 44 Highland Rd, Bethel Park, PA 15102|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||12:00 pm–2:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Seniors|
More About Christ United Methodist Church
Located at 44 Highland Road, the Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park holds traditional and contemporary worship events and sermons. Traditional worship is held twice on Sunday morning and, in addition to the sermon, includes choir music by the congregation. Casual worship is held Saturday evenings and includes choirs and personal prayer requests. The church holds Communion during casual worship and also on Sunday mornings in Peelor Chapel.
Wednesday services are also offered. Nursery care is available during all services. The church is home to the Prime Time Adult Day Care, which provides adult day care services to the eldely and adults in need. The church has a children's care center that is licensed by the state and offers drop-in and day care programs.
The Pulse, a ministry for young adults held every Sunday night at the library, is open to young men and women in their 20s and 30s.
Other events here
- The Bible in 90 Days Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- U2charist Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Bible in 90 Days Weekly on Fridays, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Believe Concert Sat, Jun 1, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Film Screening of "A Place at the Table" Wed, Jun 5, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Taizé Monthly, 6:30 pm–7:00 pm
- Feeling Stretched as a Caregiver? Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Bridges Golf Outing Sat, Jun 15, 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- Women's Book Group: That Woman Wed, Jun 19, 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Caregivers Support Monthly, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm