Invite a friend
Forgiveness, Lenten Study
In Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis writes," Every one says forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive." We all have something or someone to forgive in our lives. Forgiveness is the cornerstone for achieving ultimate wellness of body, mind and spirit. Forgiveness allows us to restore relationships with one another, with ourselves, with our communities, and with God. We will discuss taking forgiveness from a nice concept to a way of life that reflects how distinctly different Christians are to be from the world we live in.
This two-week session will be based on the writings of Adam Hamilton in his book Forgiveness: Finding Peace Through Letting Go, and Joretta L. Marshall's How Can I Forgive? RSVP to church office or on the website.
|Where||Christ United Methodist Church 44 Highland Rd, Bethel Park, PA 15102|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
More About Christ United Methodist Church
Located at 44 Highland Road, the Christ United Methodist Church in Bethel Park holds traditional and contemporary worship events and sermons. Traditional worship is held twice on Sunday morning and, in addition to the sermon, includes choir music by the congregation. Casual worship is held Saturday evenings and includes choirs and personal prayer requests. The church holds Communion during casual worship and also on Sunday mornings in Peelor Chapel.
Wednesday services are also offered. Nursery care is available during all services. The church is home to the Prime Time Adult Day Care, which provides adult day care services to the eldely and adults in need. The church has a children's care center that is licensed by the state and offers drop-in and day care programs.
The Pulse, a ministry for young adults held every Sunday night at the library, is open to young men and women in their 20s and 30s.
Other events here
- Celebrate Recovery Program January 28, 2013 / March 25, 2013 / April 8, 2013 / April 15, 2013 / April 22, 2013 / April 29, 2013 / May 6, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 20, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Caregivers Support Monthly, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- U2charist Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Bible in 90 Days Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Bible in 90 Days Weekly on Fridays, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Believe Concert Sat, Jun 1, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Film Screening of "A Place at the Table" Wed, Jun 5, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Taizé Monthly, 6:30 pm–7:00 pm
- Feeling Stretched as a Caregiver? Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Bridges Golf Outing Sat, Jun 15, 9:00 am–5:00 pm