More than 600 Upper St. Clair residents might have a new place to vote this year.
Pennsylvania law requires Upper St. Clair officials to take a look at all of the wards in the township and make sure they are equal in population after a census, according to Director of Community Development Scott Brilhart.
After close examination, township staff is recommending the Upper St. Clair commissioners approve to move more than 150 residents from ward 1 to ward 2; about 200 from ward 1 to ward 4; and about 280 from ward 3 to ward 4.
The areas are located throughout the township. One of the areas with a higher population in the 2010 census is the Fox Chase and Dominion development.
Commissioners are expected to vote on the ordinance Monday night, Jan. 7. Once the ordinance is adopted, it will be forwarded to the Allegheny County Elections Division, who will then notify any affected residents.
Click here to find out which ward you live in.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Performances By Cheerleaders, Unicyclists and More During Community Day Parade
- Community Day a Star-Spangled Celebration
- Your 2013 Upper St. Clair Community Day Guide
- Upper St. Clair State Champion Named Bills General Manager
- Upper St. Clair Police 'Keeping Eye Out' For Bath Salt, Synthetic Marijuana Usage