Pittsburgh will play host to the premiere of a Tom Cruise movie that was filmed in several local communities last year.
"Jack Reacher," originally named "One Shot" after the novel the story is based on, will premiere at the SouthSide Works Cinema Dec. 15.
According to a report from WPXI, Tom Cruise and co-stars Robert Duvall and Rosamund Pike are expected to return to Pittsburgh to attend the premiere, which is the first film premiere the city has hosted in several decades.
A portion of the movie was filmed on Pinehurst Avenue in Dormont last November, in the home of Peggy White and her family. White talked to Dormont-Brookline Patch last December about the experience of having a film crew working in her house.
"Jack Reacher" is scheduled to open nationwide on Dec. 21.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Performances By Cheerleaders, Unicyclists and More During Community Day Parade
- Hearing for South Hills Village Bomb Scare Suspect Ends With Tears
- Community Day a Star-Spangled Celebration
- Employee Found Unconcious in St. Clair Country Club Bathroom
- Upper St. Clair Run for Fun Attracts 250 Participants