St. Clair Doctor Named One of Pittsburgh's 50 Finest
See 'Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest' 2012 class.
Dr. Terrence Gilbert, the medical director for St. Clair Hospital’s In-Patient and Hospitalist programs, was named as one of “Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest” in trying to raise money for the fight against cystic fibrosis.
Gilbert and 49 other people from around the region—including Upper St. Clair graduate Josh Bobrowsky, founding partner and head of social media, Icons Consulting; owner and head of social media, Integrated Fitness; and Peters Patch Editor Andrea Bosco—are each trying to raise $2,500 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The fundraising drive begins Thursday, March 29 and continues until the celebratory gala on Aug. 16.
“Obviously, to be considered one of the ‘50 Finest’ is a great honor,” Gilbert said. “Plus to be part of such a great organization and help raise money for that, it’s a great cause.”
Gilbert, who lives in Upper St. Clair, said he’s eager to raise money to help fight the disease because of the many people he meets at the hospital who are suffering from cystic fibrosis.
“As a physician, when you seen firsthand what that disease does to people, it’s a pleasure and honor to help and do some good,” Gilbert said.
To get his fundraising efforts started, Gilbert is holding a “get together” that will include food, drinks and a live band on March 31 at Level 20 in Bethel Park. There’s no cost to attend the event, which starts at 7 p.m., but Gilbert hopes people use the party to donate “whatever they can” to the cause.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease that affects approximately 30,000 young people in the U.S.—taking the lives of many of those afflicted before the age of 37. The 50 Finest fundraising effort is in its 17th year.
Here is the full list of the 2012 honorees:
- Jacqueline Allenberg, KYC analyst, Financial Market and Treasury Services, Bank of New York Mellon
- Camera Bartolotta, owner, Bartolotta Investments Inc.; producer, Dolce Productions, LLC
- Shana Bielich, financial planning associate, Coghill Investment Strategies LLC
- Josh Bobrowsky, founding partner and head of social media, Icons Consulting; owner and head of social media, Integrated Fitness
- Andrea Bosco, editor, Patch.com
- Mark Burnett, special events manager, Senator John Heinz History Center
- Angela Criscella, account executive, Group Sales and Service, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Sarah DeMarco, director of operations, Rostrum Records
- Corina Straub Diehl, president and CEO, Diehl Automotive Group
- Clay Endicott, district sales manager, FedEx Services
- Hannah Feldman, research analyst, National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance
- Ted Ferdinand, diabetes care specialist, Novo Nordisk Inc.
- Alyssa Francescone, director of marketing, Donwil Company
- Dr. Terrence Gilbert, medical director, Hospitalist Practice, St. Clair Hospital
- Kimberley Gill, news anchor, KDKA CBS 2
- Dr. Christopher P. Hayner, dentist and owner, Christopher P. Hayner, DMD
- Derric Heck, director of Strategic Initiatives, Propel Schools
- Cami Hulin, owner, Dance by Cami
- Sofie Jacobs, corporate actions analyst, BNY Mellon
- Dominic Alan Janidas, president, Orion Management Group
- Chuck Kerber, executive corporate chef, Euphoria Post
- Courtney King, secondary English teacher, Hampton Township School District
- Rob Kozel, president and CEO, Mountaineer Keystone LLC
- Mark Miller, partner, Treasure Hunt; partner, Village at Heatherbrae
- Lisa Miracle, eighth-grade teacher, McKeesport Area School District
- Regis Molyneaux, co-founder and director of Social Media & Sales, Midnightguru.com
- Dr. Natalie Monaco, dentist, Nathan Laughery LLC
- Dena Muscarella, marketing communications specialist, Thermo Fischer Scientific
- Beth Nelson, project manager and senior architect, Desmone & Associates Architects
- Rohn Neugebauer, owner and CFO, Studio Raw Hair and Cosmetics; real estate agent, Howard Hanna, Hampton Office
- Jessica Neuhart, senior staff occupational therapist, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Joe Nickel, logistics manager, Bridge Connections; artistic director, Madhouse Productions
- Dawn Marie Nowry, professional model, The Talent Group
- David Onufer, vice president of operations, Forest Hills Transfer & Storage
- Maria Palermo, owner, Palermo Photo; assistant director, European Union Center of Excellence, University of Pittsburgh
- K. Chase Patterson, president and CEO, Corporate Diversity Associates LLC
- Steve Persing, account executive, Premier Innovations Group
- Robert J. Plutto, Jr., director of operations, Marriott International
- Clint Pohl, restaurant owner, Sauce and Rum Fish
- Toni Ann Sacco, financial advisor, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Jessica Sebastian, associate lease analyst, EXCO Resources (PA) LLC
- Demetra Serviou, member outreach analyst, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Ashley Thompson, owner and president, Elliven Spa
- Ivan Usero, bilingual agency point recruiter, Farmers Insurance Group
- Anthony Ventura, director, Schneider Downs Corporate Finance, L.P
- Pete Vuckovich Jr., JD, associate relationship manager, PNC Wealth Management
- Mike Ward, business consultant, Long Nyquist and Associates
- Tamara Whiting, account manager, Expion LLC
- Dan Wind, sales manager, Woltz and Wind Ford, and Washington Ford
- Jason Young, director of communications, Swank Audio Visual
Do you know someone who has cystic fibrosis? Tell us in the comments.