Pennsylvania Sen. Matt Smith, D-Mt. Lebanon, has been appointed to the state Senate's finance committee.
The senator, who earlier this month was sworn into the seat vacated by former Sen. John Pippy, of Moon, was also named to the professional licensure committee; the game and fisheries committee; and the community, economic and recreational development committee.
He will also serve as the Democratic chair of the state government committee, according to an announcement from spokeswoman Lauren Hurley.
As a state representative, Smith served as the Democratic vice chair of the House finance committee.
Smith's district includes Upper St. Clair.
See More on Patch
- PA Supreme Court Upholds Legislative Reapportionment Plan
- Air Force: 911th Airlift Wing Mission Secure Through 2014
- Murphy Invites Upper St. Clair Students to Enter Congressional Art Competition
- New State Senator Stops By Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Has New Allegheny County Council Representative
Most Popular articles
- Performances By Cheerleaders, Unicyclists and More During Community Day Parade
- Community Day a Star-Spangled Celebration
- Your 2013 Upper St. Clair Community Day Guide
- Upper St. Clair State Champion Named Bills General Manager
- Upper St. Clair Police 'Keeping Eye Out' For Bath Salt, Synthetic Marijuana Usage