Editor's Note: This story was updated at 11:45 a.m.
A multi-vehicle accident on Interstate 79 Southbound near the Canonsburg exit that shut the roadway down to one lane has been cleared, a state Department of Transportation spokeswoman said.
"There are cars out there all over the place," a 911 supervisor confirmed.
It was not immediately known if there were injuries in the crash.
Check back with Patch for more details as they become available.
Road conditions are deteriorating in other parts of the Pittsburgh area.
Click on "view larger map" for an interactive look at how the roads are where you live.
Then click on the blue camera icon to see live pictures from traffic cameras.
- Red: Slow or stopped traffic
- Yellow: Expect delays but traffic is moving
- Green: All clear
If you (safely!) take photos from your vehicle of the roadways Friday, please upload them (safely!) by clicking the "Upload Photos & Videos" tab.
See More on Patch
- Drunk Driving Accident to be Staged at Upper St. Clair High School (Warning: Disturbing Photos)
- Upper St. Clair Fire Department Hosting Child Seat Safety Check
- Officials Ensure Safety at Pittsburgh Marathon
- Upper St. Clair DUI Suspect Held for Court
- Police, PennDOT Announce Aggressive-Driving Enforcement