One person died from multiple blunt force trauma Tuesdsay after being ejected from his vehicle during a crash on Interstate 79 near the Southpointe exit in Washington County.
Washington County Coroner Tim Warco identified the victim of the crash in the southbound lanes as Mark Anthony Chesick, 45, of Pittsburgh.
Chesick died from multiple blunt force trauma after being ejected from his vehicle during the crash, Warco said. He ruled the death an accident.
"The victim was the operator and sole occupant of a Ford pickup truck that was traveling northbound on Interstate 79," Warco said in a statement. "The victim’s vehicle crossed the median at mile marker 45.1 and struck a tractor trailer head on in the southbound lane. The victim was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced at the scene."
The crash caused extensive delays on I-79 that backed traffic past the former Kirwan Heights exit.
Assisting at the scene was North Strabane Township Fire Department and the Canonsburg Ambulance Service. The crash is under investigation by the the Pennsylvania State Police in Washington.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Employee Found Unconcious in St. Clair Country Club Bathroom
- One Golf Outing, Two Holes in One for Upper St. Clair Man
- Performances By Cheerleaders, Unicyclists and More During Community Day Parade
- Hearing for South Hills Village Bomb Scare Suspect Ends With Tears
- Community Day a Star-Spangled Celebration