Nearby Theater Hosts Grindhouse-Genre Film Marathon
Grindhouse-genre films from around the world will be shown this weekend in a 13-hour marathon at Hollywood Theater.
This weekend, the nearby Hollywood Theater will host 13 hours of gritty drama, in a special that features grindhouse-genre films from around the world.
If you've got a strong stomach, a love of cheesy dialogue, and a passion for the underground genre directors like Quentin Tarantino have resurrected, this series is for you.
The following movies are scheduled to show:
- Savage! (aka Back Valor, 1973 Philippines)
- Angels from Hell (1968 USA)
- Wolf-Devil Woman (Lang nu bai mo aka Wolfen Ninja, 1982 Taiwan)
- The Killing Machine (Shôrinji kenpô, 1976 Japan)
- Weapons of Death (Napoli spara!, 1977 Italy)
- Massacre Time (Le colt cantarono la morte e fu...tempo di massacre aka The Brute and the Beast, 1966 Italy)
- Pieces (Mil gritos tiene la noche, 1982 Spain)
- The Big Bust Out (Io monaca...per tre carogne e sette peccatrici, 1972 Italy/West Germany)
- Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia (1977 Canada)
Most films are unrated, but all films being shown during the event are "R" in nature. Children younger than age 17 will not be admitted unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Admission is $15 for an all-day pass, or $5 for a single movie. Doors open at 11 a.m., and the first feature begins at 11:30 a.m. Vendors will be on hand in the theater’s lobby and lower level, selling DVDs, books, records, magazines, posters, T-shirts, and original works of art.