The preliminary hearing for an Upper St. Clair man accused of shooting a man to death in the parking lot of a City of Washington grocery store last week has been continued.
Brandon Thomas, 30, was set to appear for his preliminary hearing in Central Court Wednesday morning.
That date has been continued to Nov. 7, according to the Washington County District Attorney’s office.
Thomas faces one count of homicide, after City of Washington police accused him of fatally shooting Vaughn A. Simonelli, 55.
"The victim was involved in altercation with another male that led to gunfire in
the parking lot of Shop n’ Save," Washington County Coroner Tim Warco wrote in a release Thursday.
Thomas' lawyer told WTAE that his client was attacked and he was simply defending himself.
Thomas remains in the Washington County Jail.
See More on Patch
- Two Men Charged With DUI in Upper St. Clair
- Man Pulled Over in CVS Parking Lot, Arrested for DUI
- Defense Fund Surpasses $5,000 for Upper St. Clair Man Accused of Parking Lot Shooting
- Upper St. Clair Theft Suspect Charged With Six More Burglaries
- Upper St. Clair Man Charged With DUI After Head-On Crash
Most Popular articles
- New Upper St. Clair Playground Causes Some Safety Concerns
- Employee Found Unconcious in St. Clair Country Club Bathroom
- Woman Charged with Hit and Run in Trader Joe's Parking Lot
- One Golf Outing, Two Holes in One for Upper St. Clair Man
- Hearing for South Hills Village Bomb Scare Suspect Ends With Tears