A developer proposed to the Upper St. Clair Planning Commission Thursday night to demolish the existing house at 1630 North Highland Rd. and build a Goddard School daycare center.
The property sits next to the existing KinderCare of Mt. Lebanon on North Highland Road.
The planning commissioners tabled the hearing Thursday night so the developer, Alex Bonson, could work out some issues with the township staff.
The property is zoned R-3, which requires the daycare property to be at least 1 acre. The property is just .994 acres.
Director of Community Development Scott Brilhart also said he had concerns if the plan contained adequate buffers.
The proposed plan contains a daycare center, playground and parking lot.
Bob Santo, owner of the Goddard School in Peters Township, said—if approved—the Goddard School in Upper St. Clair would likely have programs for infants through kindergarten.
Another hearing date has not yet been determined.
Would you like to see the Goddard School come to Upper St. Clair? Tell us in the comments.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Employee Found Unconcious in St. Clair Country Club Bathroom
- Performances By Cheerleaders, Unicyclists and More During Community Day Parade
- Hearing for South Hills Village Bomb Scare Suspect Ends With Tears
- Community Day a Star-Spangled Celebration
- One Golf Outing, Two Holes in One for Upper St. Clair Man