Car Fire Spreads to House in Upper St. Clair
Emergency crews had Morrow Road blocked on Saturday afternoon.
A Buick car caught on fire Saturday afternoon and spread to a home located on Morrow Road in Upper St. Clair.
Helene McNemar and her daughter, Victoria, escaped the home unharmed. Firefighters were able to get the family dog, Midnight, out of the home as well, but five cats remained inside as crews finished putting out the smoke and flames.
McNemar said she and her daughter returned home around 1 p.m. Saturday in her father's Buick. She was borrowing his car while her car was getting fixed.
As McNemar was doing laundry, she noticed a burning smell and thought it might be from the dryer lint. Soon after, her daughter yelled that the house was on fire.
The smoke and flames were contained to the car, garage and kitchen. It's unclear if anything else in the home was damaged.
McNemar lives in the home with her two daughters, Victoria and Gabrielle; her son, Dylan; and her son's fiancee, Amber. McNemar said Amber is pregnant, and was worried the fire may have ruined all the baby clothing and supplies they had purchased for the baby, who is due at the end of January.