You're invited to the fourth annual “Hugs for the Holiday” Party at South Hills Village Mall Saturday, Dec. 15. For only $10.00, you can stop by Build-A-Bear Workshop between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m. to make a bear for a child who is spending Christmas in the hospital.
Last year, “Hugs for the Holiday” donated 250 bears to Children’s Hospital—enough for each bed on Christmas morning, and 200 to all children receiving chemotherapy the week before Christmas. There were even enough bears left over to donate to 56 foster children and a local personal care home.
This year, organizers are hoping to double those numbers.
While you’re giving back, treat yourself to some holiday fun. The first 150 children to participate between 4 and 9 p.m. will receive a gift, a free train ride and refreshments. There will also be a raffle to win gift cards, products and more.
If you can’t make it to Saturday's event, send all other donations with your name and phone number to:
Hugs for the Holidays c/o Janae Layhue
232 Daily Road
Coal Center, PA 15423
Email any questions about the event to Janae Layhue at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 724.678.3404.
See More on Patch
- How Upper St. Clair Can Help Victims of the Oklahoma Tornado
- Non-Profit Clears 2.6 Tons of Litter From Chartiers Creek
- Register for Race for the Cure at South Hills Village This Weekend
- Baptist Homes Residents Collect Canned Goods, Money for SHIM
- Teachers Take on Teachers for Special Needs Playground
Most Popular articles
- New Upper St. Clair Playground Causes Some Safety Concerns
- Woman Charged with Hit and Run in Trader Joe's Parking Lot
- Employee Found Unconcious in St. Clair Country Club Bathroom
- One Golf Outing, Two Holes in One for Upper St. Clair Man
- Bethel Park Man Charged with DUI After Upper St. Clair Car Crash