Back to School: Students Report in 8 Days
And other facts for Upper St. Clair School District 2012-13
Upper St. Clair students are about to enter their last full week of summer vacation.
With some exceptions, that's not particularly good news for them. On the other hand, it might be good news for parents.
At any rate, here is some information about Upper St. Clair School District heading into the 2012-13 academic year:
- Operating Budget: $61,767,350
- Property Tax Rate: 25.475 mills
- Projected Number of Students: 4,142
- First Day for Students: Monday, Aug. 27
- School Lunch Prices: Breakfast Elementary – $1.20, Secondary – $1.30; Lunch Elementary – $2.05, Secondary – $2.30
- Open House Dates: Elementary Schools, Sept. 13 and May 2; Boyce Middle School, Sept. 20 and April 25; Fort Couch Middle School, Oct. 4 and May 7; High School, Oct. 10
- Celebrate our Schools Gala: Saturday, Oct. 20, at St. Clair Country Club, sponsored by the Community Foundation of Upper St. Clair
- High School Graduation: Thursday, June 13, at 7:30 p.m.
- Number of Teacher Retirements: 14
- Number of New Teachers: 9
- School District Calendar: Available on the district website
The district website, Comcast Cable 19, Verizon Channel 41 and, of course, Upper St. Clair Patch are good resources for current information.